Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Fleeting thoughts...

Which probably should go on twitter, it's the usual spot for random bits of thought, but as I've neglected the blog, they're coming here. In no particular order:

- Sooper Sekrit project #1 is done. His name is Charlie.

This is a terrible picture of Charlie, but I was an idiot and neglected to get any glamour shots before he went to his new home. He is a merpegacorn (aka all terrain unicorn ) who now lives with Orla in the Shire of Trinovantia Nova. Careful what haphazard comments you make to a knitter at QPT. 

- Sooper Sekrit project #2 is finally in progress after some hiccoughs. Oddly enough, more on that later when it's no longer a sooper sekrit project. 

- There is value in writing out everything you need to do and by when. There is terror in writing down everything you want to do and by when. 

- The real challenge in enter Pentathlon at Kingdom A&S is not the doing of five projects. I'm ADD enough that five projects is a question of picking which five. No, the huge challenge is working out what level I am at various things, (Beginner? Intermediate? Arrogant / confident enough to claim advanced? Nawww. Not advanced. Maybe advanced knitting? Dammit!) and documentation. Which I have some mental block against and want to either throw my half assed notes towards, or write up a dissertation about. Middle ground? Bah! No middle ground.

- It's been a long time since I did teaching that required more than 'hey, we're going to do this now. Lemme show you how!', and erk. Oh dear. What was I /thinking/!?

- I am really stunningly spectacularly bad at asking for help / info. I look at other requests for things and info and I go 'hey, I wanna know that too! I've been wondering that for a while!' and avidly follow the conversation, but somehow never manage to be the one to ask first, as if there's some merit badge in floundering.

- Between the gamers I know, the SCA people I'm getting to know, the wide and diverse collection of people in my life (even just peripherally), I am eternally astounded and in awe at the beauty, creativity, wisdom, skills, knowledges and sheer volume of omg awesome that I get to peek at every day when I shamelessly live vicariously though others' posts. It boggles the mind, and makes me smile. (And feel a bit like a fraud, hoping they don't find out I'm here. Shhh.)

No comments: