Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Perfection

If you can't do it right, you shouldn't do it at all.

That's that mantra that my brain runs through on a constant basis. It changes, fairly frequently, what 'right' is. Perfect, for a fluctuating and nebulous version of perfect. Perfect materials, perfect fit, perfect execution. Perfect.

I plan out projects, I write out details. I start (sometimes), and it doesn't look right, feel right and then I ball it up and stick it in the closet for months (years.)

This has to stop. I have to embrace imperfection, live with it, accept it as the learning experience that it is. Enjoy the fruits of my labour even flawed as they are. It's the only way to progress.

And perhaps, just maybe, quit it with being so damn stubborn. :)

Up next, the blue dress from hell gets a remodel. (Blue dress, not previously mentioned, as it wasn't perfect. Well, tough, it gets to live /anyhow/.)

No comments: