Friday, October 31, 2014

Jack of all trades...

and master of none. That's how the saying goes. I lament on a semi regular basis that I don't focus very well, and so I dabble. Eternally dabbling. I do a bit of this and that, sampling, starting and not finishing.

Periodically, I attempt to change my nature and focus. Okay. THIS time I'm going to just buckle down and do exclusively. 

It never lasts.

My poor self esteem would appreciate it if I did, this being a beginner eternally is hell, but there's something to be said for being able to learn and explore everything from cooking to weaving. I speak just enough of many jargons to find myself able to listen in all sorts of places.

And that, that is a good thing. So I'll just embrace the knitting, spinning, weaving, cooking, dyeing, embroidery, lacemaking, preserving, sewing, costuming, singing and so on and so forth.

It might never make me 'awesome' at anything. Or known for being an expert, but my self esteem is just going to have to cope.

I do sometimes finish things, and its cold enough to appreciate a lovely new scarf. (Adapted from Kinzel's Rose leaf curtain pattern, Malabrigo lace yarn)



No comments: