Sunday, August 3, 2014

Chutney Chocolate Cake

I realized that I've a bunch of recipes that were in my dog eared and stained notebook that I will end up losing if I don't put them somewhere else, so I'm going to toss them here. This recipe doesn't do you much good if you don't have a jar of overly sweet apple tomato chutney laying around that you're trying to use up, but I expect any jar of preserves or chutney that you're trying to get rid of might work.


Chutney Chocolate Cake

100g AP flour
100g wheat flour
200g sugar
50g cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Combine dry together in a bowl. In another bowl (often in my house, a large measuring cup)

80g vegetable oil
140g overly sweet tomato apple chutney
3/4 c water
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well and then combine with dry. Pour into a 9" x 9" pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 mins. Dust lightly with powdered sugar to make it look pretty.

No comments: