Friday, June 27, 2014

Momentum and chatter

It's easy to lose momentum on a new habit, and clearly blogging regularly is still a new habit for me. I also struggle with a mix of really enjoying the blogs that chatter about life and then promptly getting shy when it comes to my own life. Mixed in with getting so far behind on what's been going on that it feels overwhelming.. well.. then there's big gaps. Still, I will just pick up at the here and now, and show things as I work on them, and chatter as I think on it, and anyone who actually reads this (of which I expect there are few if any), shall just cope. :)

I have two rows left on clue 4 of the mystery shawl, with the final clue coming out on Sunday (unless its early again). The shawl is nice enough, I'm not in love with it, but it's perfectly adequate and while I'm very ready for it to be over, I don't regret doing it. This photo is from about 18 rows ago and is vaguely blurry. I'm a knitter, not a photographer. (Not using my cell phone would probably be a good start, but that's besides the point.)



I have an extra long weekend coming up, and while there's a party at our house tomorrow (Ack! Must finish cleaning! Must start cooking! Ack!), I expect to do have little save for clean up that needs doing on the three days after that. Which means I get to pare down the epic I WANNA list down to something actually possible in three days that will include naps, feet up and lemonade as well.

I don't always promise cute cat photos, but as an apology for having vanished for weeks here's the calico hard at work on the back of the couch.


No comments: