Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Loved and well loved

A blog that I read touched on an excellent topic this morning. Laura Fry is a production weaver who noted in the post I linked to there about how her textiles are meant to be used. Tea towels and table clothes, designed to be used and loved, spilled on and used for wiping up.

I love to visit and find my knitting on a table, perhaps with a little stain, or a spot where something caught. To know that it's out, being admired and used every day rather than a hurried toss on the table when I'm coming to visit? It makes the hours worth while. My knitted socks too, my shawls. I use them. I wear them out, I shove them in my bag to have if there's a chill. They get /used/. Life's too short to keep for good. I need to remember this with some lovely glass and ceramic cups I have. Life's too short /not/ to use them, they're precious to be for sentimental reasons, but that same sentiment says I should appreciate the hell out of them even if they might break.

My creative life has been a smattering of scattered samples, testing and poking and not doing any projects, per se, but this that and the other. Some dye work, some knitting work.. alright a lot of knitting stuff. The big doily is done save for one seam.



Now I just need to decide what, if anything, I'm entering in Lady Mary (I've nothing wow.. samples are not wow), and then what is for QPT and what is for pent.


No comments: