Wednesday, March 25, 2015

In just an hour a day!

That really does sound like an infomercial that I'm about to try and sell you the ab stuffer, or something equally absurd.

No no, my hour a day is that hour after I get home and before my darling spouse gets home. When (these days) its finally daylight, it's just me and the cats, and quiet. I work in tech support, so I spend my day helping humans, and there are more than a few days when I don't actually like people by the time I get home from work.

I've been working on a giant (for me giant) lace piece on a deadline. (Apr 11 soft deadline), and these days the only way I will make that deadline is by working on it Every. Single. Day. I can't sit at the lace pillow for epic marathon sessions (at least not and still walk afterwards), so there's no making up for it later if I miss a day. Every. Single. Day.

I usually hate that sort of thing, as soon as I /have/ to do it, generally I hate it and kick and scream like a toddler being dragged away from the all you can eat candy. I'm really enjoying this, though. I'm enjoying that pause to be quiet, to sit in the sunshine and sometimes listen to a podcast, and sometimes just listen to the quiet click of the lace bobbins. Hopefully once this current project is done (I'm 3/4 of the way!) I will find something else to fill that hour in the sunny back room. My loom lives there, soooo. ;)

Secret project #2 was finished just in time, and was a knitted ram as a thank you for our Baroness for coming out to College Royal. He's been christened Ramsey, and looked like he settled in Penda's chair quite well in Penda's absence. I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I love the pattern, and the addition of wee horns just added to it.

Ramsey's glamour shot on my lace pillow, complete with mood lighting

No comments: