Friday, April 30, 2010

Fancy coffee maker

I realize I haven't posted in forever, and I have no readership anymore. That's fine. I understand. I'm back now because I think that the blog will be an easier archive for me to find things for myself. If anyone else is actually reading. Well hello there! Dont' mind the mess, it's rampant in all bits of my life.

Just in case I'm not only talking to myself, I'll give a tiny bit of background. (Important too that when I'm feeling particularly dim, I can remind myself of what I'm on about.)

I got a fancy dancy coffee maker. Spoiled. Eco terrorist expensive to buy and run coffee maker. One of the Keurig machines with the K-cup pods. One coffee per pod. Waste with each one.

I love it.

I'm the only coffee drinker in the house, the machine horks up super hot water in cup sized portions for tea as well and I get a single, hot, cup of coffee on demand. (Well with about 2 mins of wait if the machine is already on, I call that on demand.)

The key is that coffee comes in little k-cup pod things. And there's quite literally hundreds of options. (I also have the fill your own filter, but that's messy and I'm lazy. I'm glad to have it, but I'm generally willing to spend the money for pre-filled pods.)

I recently ordered a make your own variety pack from Tweed and Hickory and with perhaps 30 different varieties of coffee to consider, I will never keep them all straight if I don't write down what I think of each of them as I'm drinking.

I'd considered twitter, but I find that hard to find things in. So blog it is! The individual reviews will be twitter sized posts, probably. Unless of course a single cup of coffee makes me more than 140 characters worth of excited. I suppose that depends on how good the coffee is.

No comments: