Thursday, November 15, 2007

The beginning, a very good place to start.

First post! WooT!

Well. Now that I have that geeky moment behind me, I feel obligated to go with the standard opening volley in this conversation. And I do hope it will be a conversation, on all sorts of topics with all sorts of people. I sat down to set up a new blog. A new place to discuss things that didn't fit in my more limited focus blog and I thought "Self.. what do you know a whole lot about that you might chat about at length".. and there was nothing. Not in the bad sense, not in the 'I know nothing! Oh noes!' sense, but in the 'jack of all trades' sense. I've got the focus of a ferret on pixie stix. I considered writing about any of the different topics that currently have my attention.. fibre, personal finance, healthy eating, frugality, body size acceptance, frugality, games of all sorts.. yikes! This is quite the list and the only real link between them all is me. My knowledge is like a swamp rather than a lake, wide but not very deep and requires a certain amount of poking and prodding to effectively get the water out.

Which brings me to the name of my blog, which conveniently also helps define the theme of the blog. The phrase 'renaissance man' has long been thought to be someone with a broad knowledge base.. someone who knows a lot about a lot of things. (Also could have been a polymath, according to wikipedia, but that's not nearly as nice a word). Well I'm not a man, and I know a little about a lot of things. I am a Canuck though (Canadian for those of you who aren't aware of the slang.), ergo Renaissance Canuck.

The current plan is to update 2-3 times a week, more if I'm inspired. Let's see where this journey takes us!

No comments: